PRESCHOOL AND ELEMENTARY ARTS CLASSES
The schedule for preschool and elementary students ensures that students see art, drama, and music teachers for the entire year. This set-up ensures necessary continuity for our students to maintain and build their skills in each subject as well as their relationship with the entire arts team.
- Preschool and Kindergarten classes meet for 30 minutes,
- 1-3rd grade classes meet for 45 minutes
- 4th grade classes meet for 50 minutes
The middle school arts pathways classes are introduced to fourth grade students during their regular schedule:
- A new 4th grade technology class teaches technology skills and media arts basics.
- A new 3-4th grade choir will be taught through the Chicago Children’s Choir once a week
- 4th grade music will be expanded to include a unit on band instruments