ACADEMIC EXCELLENCEAACA prides itself on providing an academic program of great rigor, preparing our students for entrance to some of the finest high schools in Chicago.
While much is expected of our staff to foster academic excellence, students are expected to take responsibility for their academic success as well. In fact, our student culture can best be described in one word: ownership.
As a community of learners, teachers and students work collaboratively to empower students to feel a sense of pride and ownership in all facets of their education. Students are well aware of their teachers' goals and expectations for their learning.
The various facets of our academic program have produced results. Recent test scores indicate that students are mastering the Illinois state standards at high levels across all grades and subject area, with the majority of students scoring well above the national average as well as above median scores in the Archdiocese of Chicago.ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE DEFINED
In alignment with our Catholic beliefs and values, and our mission to educate the whole child, we define academic excellence as:
- Cultivating a climate of continuous improvement
Teaching to clear learning goals for every student
Building curriculum that is rooted in rigorous standards
Developing social and emotional skills necessary for academic growth
Challenging all learners to move forward on their own learning continuum.
- Showcasing innovative teaching and learning designed by the teachers of AACA.
- Offering an opportunity to see exceptional learning experiences through demonstration, panel discussion, review of documents, and much more!
- AACA teachers were awarded a DePaul University Innovative Teaching Micro-Credit
- Learn about the showcase: AACA 2019 Innovative Teaching Showcase