Each family is required to perform 20 hours of service within the parish community. Families with student-athletes are required to volunteer an additional 8 hours within the athletics program.A fee will be charged for any unserved hours as per the tuition policy.COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS
As part of the implementation of the Charter for the Protection of Children & Young People, the Archdiocese of Chicago requires its parishes and schools to provide training and checks to ensure the creation of a safe environment for children and youth to all clergy, employees, and volunteers who work with children. Training and checks are in place to educate parents, caregivers and Archdiocesan staff about child abuse and prevention efforts and to screen all employee and volunteer applicants.
Compliance requirements are a combination of training and background checks. See Compliance Guidelines and Training Chart (top section, 5th row "School Volunteers"). Anyone having care and control of minors must be compliant. This includes all school volunteers (classroom room parents, field trip chaperones, those assisting on a regular basis, and coaches).
Once all requirements have been met, you will be notified so you may begin volunteering. If you have any questions or need help, please contact Connie Del Toral, AACA Administrative Assistant (773-348-4629 x134; email@example.com).
All volunteers must complete the following:
- Criminal Background Check
- Virtus Training (Protecting God’s Children live training)
- Code of Conduct Form
- Child Abuse and Neglect Tracking Systems (CANTS) Form
Your background check and registration for Protecting God’s Children (live training) are both submitted via Virtus.
You’ll be able to download the Child Abuse and Neglect Tracking Systems (CANTS) and Code of Conduct forms through the Virtus site, but you may also download them here:
- Download and fill out the DCFS (CANTS) form and return to Connie Del Toral
- Download the Code of Conduct form, read, sign and return to Connie Del Toral
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR VOLUNTEER COACHES
- Mandated Reporter Training
- Participants must register for training at the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) website
- All coaches are Mandated Reporters by State law and must have a signed CANTS-22 (available on the website)
- Training must be completed within 60 days of beginning work
- Recertification is required every five years
- Coaches must complete IESA Concussion Certification every two years. Athletic Director Angela Kladis will provide information to coaches